- Introduction to Museology (semester: 4)
- Design and organization of museum exhibitions (semester: 5)
- Museums and new technologies (semester: 6)
- Museums: challenges in the 21st century (semester: 7)
To be announced soon.
Scientist in charge for cooperation with:
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D), University College London (UCL). Title of thesis: «The interaction between building layout and exhibition layout in museums»
- MA in Museology, École du Louvre, Paris
- MA in Classical Archaeology, Department of History and Archaeology, University of Thessaloniki
- First degree in History and Archaeology, Department of History and Archaeology, University of Thessaloniki
- Short biographical sketch
- theory of museum design
- relations of architecture and museology
- spatial design of museums, with emphasis on innovative cases
- functioning and use of museum space
- behaviour and experience of visitors
- the display as a communication medium
- new technologies in museums
- museums in their urban context
- human remains as museum exhibits
- contemporary issues of museum policy and design
- Tzortzi, K. (2015). Museum Space. London; New York: Routledge. 314 pages.
- Tzortzi, K. (2013). Museum space: where architecture meets museology. Athens: Piraeus Bank Group Cultural Foundation. 400 pages (in Greek)
- Tzortzi, K. (2001). The Temple of Apollo Epikourios. Journey in space and time. Athens: Ministry of Culture. [Greek edition (2001), German edition (2002)] 80 pages.
Papers and Chapters
- Tzortzi, K. (2018). Human remains, museum space and the ‘poetics of exhibiting’. University Museums and Collections Journal (UMACJ) 10, 23-34.
- Tzortzi, K. (2017). The Museum, a Building in and for the City. An Exploration from a Spatial Point of View. In: Art Centre Basel, Katharina Beisiegel, eds. New Museums: Intentions, Expectations, Challenges, Munich: Hirmer Verlag, 194-202.
- Tzortzi, K. (2017). Engaging Space. Lo spazio come tecnologia per il museo inclusivο. In: L. Basso Peressut, A. Longo, C. Rabbiosi, P. Salvadeo, dir. Forme dell’inclusività. Pratiche, spazi, progetti. Maggioli Editore. 155-169.
- Tzortzi, K. (2017). Museum architectures for embodied experience, Museum Management and Curatorship, 32 (5), 491-508.
- Tzortzi, K., and Fatah gen. Schieck, A. (2017). Rethinking museum space: interaction between spatial layout design and digital sensory environments. In: T. Heitor, dir. Proceedings of the 11th International Space Syntax Symposium. Lisbon, 3–7 July 2017. Lisbon: University of Lisbon. 31.1-31.15.
- Tzortzi, K. (2017). Interroger le rôle le de l’espace dans le musée. La Lettre de l’OCIM, 169, Janvier-Février, 12–18.
- Tzortzi, K. (2016). Displaying cities: museum space as a presentational device, Interiors: Design, Architecture, Culture, 7 (1), 91-109.
- Tzortzi, K. (2016). From the real to the virtual: the spatiality of the museum on its website. DigitCult: Scientific Journal on Digital Cultures, 1 (2), 67-84.
- Tzortzi, K. (2015). The museum and the city: Towards a new architectural and museological model for the museum? City, Culture and Society, 6 (4), 109-115.
- Tzortzi, K. (2015). Building meaning: How architecture affects our experience of museums, ICOM News, 68 (2), 8-9.
- Tzortzi, K. (2014). Movement in museums: mediating between museum intent and visitor experience, Museum Management and Curatorship, 29 (4), 327-348.
- Tzortzi, K. (2012). Designer choices, museum experiences. In: M.Ballarin and M.Dalla Mura (eds.) The Museum and the Design Disciplines, Venezia: Università IUAV (Istituto Universitario di Architettura di Venezia), 33-56.
- Tzortzi, K. (2012). Museums in historic buildings: an excuse for a discussion about the strategic importance of the architectural design of museum space, Tetradia Mouseiologias (Greek Journal on Museum Studies) n.8, 13-23. (in Greek)
- Tzortzi, K. (2010). The Art Museum as a City or a Machine for Showing Art?, Architectural Research Quarterly (ARQ), Cambridge University Press, vol.14, n.2, 129-138.
- Hillier, B., and Tzortzi, K. (2006). Space syntax: The Language of Museum Space. In: Sh.Macdonald (ed.) A Companion to Museum Studies, Maiden; London: Blackwell Publishing, 282-301. (Also in Greek published by Piraeus Bank Group Cultural Foundation, 2012)