EAR604 Greek art (18th-20th c.)
Professor: Iliana ZARRA
The course deals with the Greek artistic production from the 18th century, which marks the beginning of the Western influences in terms of artistic style and technique, until the first half of the 20th century.
The aim of the course is to examine the institutions and the factors that defined the birth and development of the modern Greek art in the context of the broader historic, political and economic conditions in the given period.
The following topics are discussed:
- The Art before the Revolution (post-byzantine and popular decorative art)
- The Naturalism of the Ionian Islands
- The Art after the foundation of the Greek State: painting of historical subjects – portraiture – genre – landscape – still life, Sculpture
- The beginning of the Greek modernism: K. Parthenis, K. Maleas, G. Bouzianis, N. Lytras
- Η ελληνική τέχνη του 18ου και 19ου αιώνα., Παπανικολάου Μίλτος (Κωδικός Βιβλίου στον Εύδοξο: 4918)
- ΝΕΑ ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΗ ΤΕΧΝΗ, ΓΙΑΝΝΗΣ ΚΟΛΟΚΟΤΡΩΝΗΣ (Κωδικός Βιβλίου στον Εύδοξο: 16119)