EDG807 Digital content processing IΙΙ
The course aims to introduce techniques for compression-encoding, for restoration and retrieval from multimedia databases and protection using watermarking. The course will cover the following topics.
- Introduction to encoding, restoration and management of multimedia content.
- Pricnciples of encoding and compression. Entropy encoding, differential encoding, transformation encoding.
- Encoding of audio, images (JPEG) and video (MPEG, H26x).
- Μetadata (MPEG7).
- Content based retrieval in multimedia databases.
- Content maintenance issues. Digital enhancement and restoration of audio, images and video.
- Digital rights and digital watermarking.
- Laboratory: Encoding analysis, digital enhancement and restoration, watermarking using Matlab.