Statistics in humanities and social sciences
EDG705 Statistics in humanities and social sciences
The objective of this course is to provide an introduction to the methods of statistical analysis in humanities and social sciences. This is achieved with the analysis of the underlying rationale of various statistical concepts, and the development of familiarity with the methods and techniques of statistics in humanities and social sciences. The course offers the opportunity to students to exploit the advantages of well-known Excel spreadsheet for statistical analysis. In this manner, students are supported to learn the fundamental statistical functions and the utilization of data analysis by utilizing examples and through gradual application of statistical techniques. Finally, statistical issues of interest with regard to economic activities of cultural units such as the analysis of sample surveys, qualitative analysis as well as management decisions with the support of regression results are examined.
Upon successful completion of the course the students will:
- be familiar with basic concepts and methods of probability theory
- be familiar with basic concepts and methods of statistical analysis in humanities and social sciences
- be able to use statistical methods in the cultural sector
- be able to develop statistical conclusions.
- Book1 (Eudoxus code: XXXXXX)
- Book2 (Eudoxus code: XXXXXX)
- Book3 (Eudoxus code: XXXXXX)